Are you aware of another news on Facebook? on Facebook Will Use Google’s 2 Factor Authentication for User Security. After the weeks of data breach news, Facebook has recently announced the changes it has done into user authentication. Facebook has now decided to add support for 3rd party authentication apps. These changes are done to simplify the logging process into social media sites.
- 1 Facebook Will Use Google’s 2 Factor Authentication for User Security
Facebook Will Use Google’s 2 Factor Authentication for User Security
Various social media platforms are using 2 step verification process which does not ask the user for their contact number for additional security. Facebook is also doing same without disclosing personal contact number.
Facebook has made this authentication super simple. One of the biggest social networking platforms will now be using Google Authenticator for their 2 step verification.
What is this 2-factor Authentication about?
The announcement of this major change came to light through a blog post-release by the Facebook officials.
In the blog, the company is assuring its user that they have refurbished the security and privacy setting for their registered user. Changes in security have led them to make 2-factor Authentication simple and easy.
Two Changes that are done by Facebook are:
- Implementing 2-factor Authentication is now more smooth and easy to apply
- The user is not required to share their mobile number while processing 2-factor Authentication
Scott Dickens, product manager at Facebook quoted “Two-factor authentication is an industry best practice for providing additional account security and we just made it easier to set up.”
What is the Benefit of Two-Factor Authentication?
- This is a safer way to authenticate user’s account
- The user does not have to share their mobile number with the social networking site.
- These step will make sure that nobody else is misusing ort hacking your account.
- Two-factor Authentication is not related to your number which makes both your contact number and a personal account safe.
Google’s Role in the Two-Factor Authentication
This came as news to Facebook users that Social media platform is using Google for employing 2 factor- Authentication. Facebook will also be using Duo security for the same purpose.
Two-factor authentication process will use alternate hardware reliant on the authentication process. This process is free of requiring personal contact number.
Also Check: Bigg Boss 12 (2018) Registrations
Ways to Authenticate Facebook Account
- Google can use HOTP and TOTP to generate a one-time password, which can further authenticate user account without using any mobile number
- Use of QR code can be used for Authentication, this method can easily work without Internet connectivity as well.
Steps to Process Two Factor Authentication
Below steps will help you to simply follow the procedure to make your Facebook account safe and secure.
- Point your cursor on the right-hand side of the desktop on three vertical dots.
- After you get the drop-down click on the settings
- Search for Security and login option
- Look for ‘Use two-factor Authorization’
- Now start following the instruction and you will be able to apply the Authentication
Being in news for quite some time for Cambridge Analytics data breach scandal, Government have warned the organization to work on their security measure.
The two-factor Authentication is this part of this new initiative towards user security.
There has been a huge debate about the data breach. As a user of multiple social accounts, do you think that your data can be safe anywhere?
Share your views with us in the comment section below. Also let us know how easy it is to apply 2-factor Authentication is