In the Protesting event of “Bharat Bandh” over the Accelerating Fuel Price, at least 21 opposition parties including Left leaders, other top leaders like Sharad Pawar, Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, and MK Stalin are participating under the leadership of Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
While Trinamool Congress supremo Mamta Banerjee joining with AAP, the ruling party of Delhi refused to take part in the Bharat Bandh. But AAP (Aam Aadmi Party) sent AAP leader Sanjay Singh.
This protest will take place in Delhi today on acceleration in fuel price and depreciation in the value of Indian currency. The impact of the Bharat Bandh is looking powerful in the states like West Bengal, Karnataka, and Kerala.
Check Bharat Band updates with top 10 Bullets
- The Bharat Bandh called by the Congress will initiate from Rajghat, the Mahatma Gandhi memorial in Delhi. Rahul Gandhi is making his public appearance first time since he came from the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- Karnataka ruling party Janata Dal-Secular, an alliance with Congress party, passed an order to close the colleges and the schools to support the one day Bharat Bandh. Naveen Patnaik, Odisha Chief Minister, refused to join the Bharat Bandh but the schools are closed here.
- In Karnataka, Bharat Bandh is supported by the drivers’ group such as OLA and UBER, Auto Drivers, Karnataka Rakshana Vedike, BMTC, and KSRTC.
- In Karnataka’s Hubballi, the protest went violent with burning the Tyres, accused as the Congress party’s workers.
- Congress Party appealed the workers not to indulge in any kind of violent agitation. In the words of Delhi Leader Ajay Maken: “I appeal to all Congress workers to make the bandh violence-free. We are Mahatma Gandhi’s party and we should not associate ourselves with any violence.”
- Trinamool, the ruling party in West Bengal expressed support to the Bharat Bandh but not to involve in any kind of the strike under the party policy, stated by the party supremo Mamata Banerjee.
- MK Stalin, the DMK leader in Tamil Naidu stated that BJP government is out of function in soothing the Indian currency depreciation against Dollar or fuel price hike.
- In words of Congress leader Randeep Surjewala: “We demand that petrol and diesel be brought under the ambit of the GST. High prices of petrol and diesel found no mention in the BJP’s national executive meeting because they are not bothered about the pain of public.”
- At Sunday Diesel and Petrol touched new high with 10 paise per liter hike in Diesel and 12 paise per liter. On Sunday Rajasthan Government decided to curb the petrol and Diesel cess before the opposition backed the Bharat Bandh. Now the price will fall down by 2 rupees per liter.
- In BJP ruled state, where the opposition Parties are going to participate in the Bharat Bandh, security measures have been leveraged.
Bharat Bandh- A Perspective:
Hike in fuel price is a matter of the International platform, there are too many aspects of it every corner should be touched while reaching the final decision.
Since the increase in fuel price has come into existence, it has affected the budget of every household.
Fuel Price should not come under the GST. Because it varies day by day in the international platform and GST has its regime in the domestic level only.
Bharat Bandh may be a symbolic exertion but can be proved as an effective solution if it is done on the country level in an effective manner. The usage of the fuel will be curbed which can lead the Fuel Price Hike under control.
What’s your take on the Bharat Bandh protest, on the Hike of the Fuel Price? Please let us know the comment section.