From 2019 aspirants of both Engineering and Medical will be able to avail the benefit of the free coaching.
NTA is an autonomous and self-sustained testing body which conducts entrance examinations for admission or fellowship in higher educational institutions. To make this strategy a success NTA is planning to convert the test practice center into a teaching center all over the country.
Free Coaching for JEE and NEET
These teaching centers will be free of cost and will not charge any kind of fees from students. NTA will initially be setting up 2,697 practice centers for students from September 1. The centers will start helping the student to first get familiarized with the new test pattern of both JEE and NEET.
As per the earlier announcements both NEET and JEE will be held twice a year instead of one. Several changes have also been made in the test pattern of UGC- NET. These changes are made so that more student can have the opportunity to write these premier exams of the country.
Registration for Test Practice Centers from September 1
From next year free coaching centers will start classes for Medical and Engineering aspirants. An official stated that “the move will help those aspirants take classes who cannot afford the fees of private coaching classes. They will not charge any fees. It will be especially helpful for talented students from sections where aspirations are high but private coaching is impossible due to financial constraints,”
As for now according to another official notification release by NTA students can register for JEE main from September 1, they can also register for test practice centers by going on the official website of NTA, nta.ac.in.
“For the time being, the practice centers will allow candidates to take mock tests for JEE Main only. As NEET-UG is not a computer-based test currently, there will be no mock test at the centers for the time being,” the HRD ministry official said
So how will this whole free coaching center and practice work? Let see
- Students can start registering for practice center via NTA website or even via a mobile The registrations will open on 1 September and will end on 30 September.
- Registered candidates will initially take up the mock test for JEE main I 2019 to be held in January.
- These mock test result can be analyzed and can be rectified with the help of NTA mentors. To meet the NTA mentors, the student will have to book the slot and timings using the NTA website or mobile app.
- Free coaching centers will come into the picture at the end of May 2019, after the first JEE main is conducted.
- NTA will soon be launching its own mobile app to make the process simpler for JEE aspirants. The app will allow the candidate to see the nearest center and will assist in other procedures as well.
- Same will be done for NEET as well. But notifications for NEET are not out yet
National Testing Agency (NTA)
Making the changes in the education reform, the Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry has formed a National Testing Agency (NTA). This autonomous and self-sustained testing body will now be responsible to conduct all major entrance and competitive examination of the country.
From 2019, onwards NTA will be conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET), UGC, the National Eligibility Test (NET) UGC, Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT).
Plan Might hit Private Coaching centers
This strategy and plan of free coaching center might be a bad news for all major private coaching centers for both Medical and Engineering. Most of the private coaching institutes in India charges hefty fees from the student.
The Government is now planning to break this pattern. Underprivileged candidates of rural and semi-rural will benefit greatly from this system that is the belief of the government.
Candidates from rural and semi-urban centers will also benefit” the HRD ministry official said. The teaching section of the plan is expected to begin from May 2019.