Xiaomi is all set to feed the enthusiast crowd by launching brand new Poco a fresh sub-brand of Xiaomi.
But, with the brand new Poco, Xiaomi is looking forward with a blank page to write the upcoming history. The F1 is the first smartphone by Poco, it delivers the essence of a typical Xiaomi phone. The phone incorporates Qualcomm Snapdragon, a powerful processor, a Poco themed version of MIUI and a very impressive price. Currently, OnePlus and Asus are striking in on the market for mid-range flagships, the Poco F1 by Xiaomi seems to be the best pick for that particular segment.
Poco F1 Specifications
- Xiaomi has designed the Poco F1 to be in sync with current trends, so it sports a big 6.18-inch display with an 18.7:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and a notch at the top.
- The other thing you will notice immediately is the chin, which is thicker than on most other phones we have reviewed and doesn’t look appealing.
- It also houses a tiny notification LED that lights up when charging the device.
- The back of the Poco F1 is made out of polycarbonate and the phone will be available in three different colours – Rosso Red, Steel Blue, and Graphite Black.
- There’s also a special variant called the Armoured Edition, which has a Kevlar back, and Xiaomi claims to have used real Kevlar in its construction.
- We got our hands on the Armoured Edition and we could feel the texture on the back while running our fingers over it.
- This variant also has a tiny raised bump just below the Poco logo, which Xiaomi refers to as a “beauty spot”. The company told the source that this is required as part of the manufacturing process when working with Kevlar.
- The buttons are positioned on the right, with the power button being easy to reach while the volume buttons need a bit of a stretch.
- On the left, the device has a hybrid dual-SIM tray that can either accept two SIM cards or one SIM and a microSD card at a time.
Poco F1 Features
- The Poco F1 has a dual camera setup camera at the back, consisting of a 12-megapixel primary sensor and a 5-megapixel depth sensor, along with a dual-LED flash.
- The fingerprint scanner is below the camera module, where either of your index fingers will rest naturally while holding the phone.
- At the front, there’s a 20-megapixel sensor for selfies positioned within the notch, along with an infrared camera and infrared emitter that are used for face recognition.
- Powering the Poco F1 is the flagship-grade Snapdragon 845 processor, with different RAM and storage options based on the variant you pick.
- The company says it has used liquid cooling to keep temperatures under control, something we look forward to testing in our full review.
- The Poco F1 feels a little heavy in the hand as it packs in a 4000mAh battery. It has a USB Type-C port at the bottom and ships with a Qualcomm Quick Charge 3 certified charger in the box.
- The F1 allows both SIMs to be on 4G networks and supports carrier aggregation. It also has an FM radio app.
Xiaomi Poco F1 Variants
What makes the F1 interesting?
Xiaomi currently offers the Poco F1 in three variants and in aggressive low prices.
The Poco F1 faces competition from the likes of OnePlus 6, Asus Zenfone 5Z, and the recently launched LG G7+ ThinQ.
Xiaomi has priced this new phone at:
One with 6GB of RAM 64GB of storage
Xiaomi is offering the base 6GB RAM/ 64GB storage variant for Rs. 20,999, along with all the same features and specifications.
Second with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage
Xiaomi is offering the 6GB RAM/ 128GB variant for, Rs. 23,999 with all the same features and specifications.
Third with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage
Xiaomi is offering the 8GB RAM/ 256GB variant for, Rs. 28,999 with all the same features and specifications.
The Exceptional Armoured Edition
The Armoured Edition which is a premium variant, made of Kevlar aramid fibre is only available with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage and is priced at Rs.29,999. With such impressive pricing, the Poco F1 is the most affordable Snapdragon 845-powered device out there.
Why Poco F1 is Best till date?
Xiaomi ships the Poco F1 with MIUI 9 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo. Our device was running MIUI 9.6 with a custom Poco theme. Xiaomi has further mentioned that the device will be updated to MIUI 10 soon after it becomes available and an update to Android P in Q4 2018.
The new Poco on the Xiaomi Poco F1 theme feels like a bridge between MIUI and stock Android. It has an app drawer, which is different from the MIUI approach, and the notification shade seems to have been modified to look more like stock Android. The usual three buttons for navigation are available, but you can enable gestures instead, freeing up some space on the display.
Xiaomi Poco F1 has been launched in India and will be available online on Flipkart from 29th August, 12 Noon with amazing offers.
Xiaomi Poco F1 offers includes, Rs 1000 instant discount of HDFC Credit and Debit Cards.
What is your opinion about the brand new Xiaomi Poco F1?
Let us know in the comment section below!
Stay Tuned, Stay Updated!