Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has taken strict measures to support the security arrangements for the 72nd Independence Day on August 15. The Delhi Metro will keep the parking facility of all the stations closed from August 14 to August 15 till 2 PM.
“Parking facilities will not be available at the Delhi Metro stations from 6 am on Monday i.e, August 14, 2017, till 2 p.m. on Tuesday i.e, August 15, 2017, in view of the security measures adopted on the occasion of Independence Day,” the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said in the statement.
It has been reported that Metro services between Indraprastha and Mandi House will remain the usual, except the moment when Prime Minister’s procession passes through Tilak Marg.
In order to ensure the security measures some gates of metro stations at Delhi Gate, Lal Quila, Jama Masjid, and ITO will remain closed, as proclaimed by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation yesterday. Delhi Metro will keep the entries and exits closed on its Heritage Line network (ITO – Kashmere Gate) on Independence Day.
Traffic and Metro Constraints:
- Traffic is restricted on Netaji Subhash Marg from Delhi Gate to Chatta Rail, Lothian Road from GPO Delhi to Chatta Rail, S.P.Mukherjee Marg from H.C.Sen Marg to Yamuna Bazar Chowk, Chandni Chowk Road from Fountain Chowk to Red Fort, Nishad Raj Marg from Ring Road to Netaji Subhash Marg and Esplanade Road and its Link Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
- Parking facilities are not available from 6 AM on Tuesday i.e August 14 to 9 AM on Wednesday i.e. August 15 to ensure the security measures on the occasion of Independence Day.
Alternate routes to travel from South Delhi to North Delhi and vice-versa:
(a)Aurobindo Marg – Safdarjang Road – Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road and reach their destinations in North Delhi and vice-versa.
(b) Reach Connaught Place – Minto Road – Bhavbhuti Marg – Ajmeri Gate – Shradhanand Marg – Lahori Gate Chowk – Naya Bazar – Peeli Kothi – S.P. Mukherjee Marg and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
(c) Ring Road ISBT (Kashmere Gate) – Salimgarh by-pass Road (Upper Ring Road) – IP Estate flyover and Vice-Versa.
(d) Reach Nizamuddin Bridge to cross the Yamuna – Pushta Road – G.T. Road and cross over to ISBT and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
Alternative routes to reach from East Delhi to West Delhi and vice versa:
(a) DND – NH24 – Vikas Marg – Shahdara Bridge and Wazirabad Bridge will remain open to reach Ring Road.
(b) Vikas Marg – DDU Marg – Bhavbhuti Marg – DBG Road
(c) Boulevard Road – Barf Khana – Rani Jhansi Road – DBG Road – Punchkuian Road.
- To reach the Old Delhi Railway Station, commuters from West and South Delhi can take Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Marg – Azad Market – Boulevard Road – Mori Gate – Pul Duffrin – S.P.Mukherjee Marg route. Meanwhile, those traveling from North Delhi can take Mori Gate – Pul Duffrin – S.P. Mukherjee Marg route to reach the Railway Station.
- Heavy Vehicles carrying goods between the Nizamuddin bridge and Wazirabad bridge is restricted from 12 midnight of August 14 to 11 am on August 15.
- Local buses including DTC will be prohibited to move on Ring Road from 4 AM to 11 AM on August 15, they can take available alternative routes.
In case of any unwanted incident, people can dial the Delhi Metro Helpline number – 155655. The security force and the electronic surveillance control room will support you.