In the recent Notification issued by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), the Computer-Based Tests (CBT) for recruitment of Level 1 posts is to start from September 17. It also states that the examination center, date and shift details will be issued 10 days prior to the CBT.
Detailed CBT schedule has not been released yet. Although it has been informed that all eligible candidates can download their admit card four days before the exam date. The admit cards for RRB Group D exam should be available by September 7.
The RRB has released the notification for vacancy in Group C (ALP and Technician) first stage examination to fill over 66,502 vacant posts.
As soon as the Group D admit cards are published on the official website. All the candidates can download admit cards by logging into the account and filling in the registration number.
RRB group D Recruitment- Selection procedure
- Computer Based Test (CBT): An online test of 90 minutes with 100 multiple choice questions.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Physical skills of candidates will be examined through various means and physical tasks. The procedure of which will be different for men and women candidates.
Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) exams
- Railway Recruitment Boards have also started the recruitment procedure of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) exams.
- Admit cards for ALP exams will be released 4 days before to the examination date.
- The last phase of the ALP exam will be conducted on August 31 examination
- Candidates from Kerala will have their exams on September 4.
Over 1.5 crore candidates have applied for Group C and D jobs after the notification regarding the RRB recruitment was released by the authority.
Indian Railways- New Facilities
Indian Railways is planning to provide airplanes like facilities in Indian trains. Officials of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the e-ticketing arm of Indian Railways have been trained to do the same.
In order to make the railway journey comfortable, Railways will offer deluxe amenities to customers. Under Prime Minister Skill development programme, officials are given the training to deliver world-level professional training.
The staff will be trained to welcome guests politely and behavioral training will also be provided. Currently, 1500 personnel have been trained.
Railways are planning to train 30,000 staff by March 2019.