Reliance Jio is planning to take over the telecom industry once again with the launch of its JioGigaFiber fixed broadband services. Registrations for Jio’s broadband services will start from August 15 onwards.
- 1 Reliance JioGigaFiber: Registrations Starts Tomorrow
Reliance JioGigaFiber: Registrations Starts Tomorrow
Last month Mukesh Ambani announced the launch of broadband service at the company’s annual general meeting last month. He said that “Starting this Independence Day, August 15th you can start registering your interest for JioGigaFiber through both MyJio and Jio.com. We will prioritize our JioGigaFiber rollout to those localities from where we receive the highest number of registrations. Jio Giga Fiber will be the largest greenfield fixed-line broadband rollout anywhere in the world, with rollout happening in 1,100 cities of India simultaneously,”
The company is planning to offer ultra-high-speed Internet speeds up to 1Gbps. Jio will be combining the service with GigaRouter and GigaTV set-top box (STB).
“At Jio, we are determined to take India to be among the top-5 in broadband connectivity, both for mobility as well as fiber-based wireline connectivity. We have built future-proof networks and will continue to deliver the most advanced technologies to our customers for decades to come,” Mukesh Ambani added
Reliance JioGigaFiber: prices and data plans offered
Although Reliance Jio has not declared any type of data plans for its new broadband service. But as per company reports JioGigaFiber data plans will start at Rs 500.
Reliance Jio’s new service will be much cheaper in comparison to other broadband plans offered in the market by other operators.
The data plan of Jio GigaFiber will come with the add-on a subscription to Jio’s new STB.
Reliance JioGigaFiber: Current Plan
- Jio has already launched a GigaFiber’s selected service in several cities across India.
- In these cities, users are availing Internet speeds of 100Mbps for 90 days and a monthly data of 100GB. The plan includes some free premium applications.
- After using the data of the 100GB user can add the top up data of 40GB through Jio.com and MyJjio.com.
- There are no installation fees for GigaFiber service,
- Security deposit of Rs 4,500 needs to be paid. Just like the schemes for iPhone.
- As of now the preview of JioGigaFiber offer is available only for pre-paid users.
- The company will launch the scheme for postpaid users very soon.
How to register for Reliance JioGigaFiber and JioPhone 2
- GigaFiber will be rolled out in the location from where the company will receive the highest number of demand.
- The user can register for JioPhone 2 and GigaFiber through the company’s official website and MyJio application.
- In order to register, you will have to provide details like name, registered email ID, and
- You can make the payment of security amount through credit cards, debit cards or wallet apps like JioMoney and Paytm.
Reliance JioGigaFiber: Not the only Fiber-based broadband service
- Airtel Launched ‘V-Fiber’ technology in 2016 as part of its Project Leap programme.
- V-Fiber promises maximum Internet speeds up to 100Mbps.
- BSNL also has its own FTTH (fiber-to-the-home) which offers speeds up to 100Mbps.
- BSNL offers speeds up to 50Mbps till 500GB for Rs 777 and 100Mbps till 750GB for Rs 1,277.
- Smaller players like Spectra offers 1Gbps speeds in select cities.
- The ACT has launched 1Gbps broadband services in 2017, becoming the country’s first ISP to offer so.
- The ACT is offering a Rs 2,999 data plan with 1Gbps speeds with a monthly data quota of 3000GB.
Reliance JioGigaFiber: is it better than other broadband services?
JioGigaFiber claims to be much faster in speed and better in function. This new broadband service is fiber-network based. JioGigaFiber claims to be superior to the traditional copper-based communication transfer lines. As for the technology, GigaFiber should be fast.
Jio states on its website. “Fiber networks are not required to be changed post installation as the companies upgrade them with the latest technology that creates the electronic light pulses and not by replacing the fiber cables,”
“JioGigaFiber’s ultra-fast download and upload speeds enable UHD, Video conferencing and variety of camera application usage and experience seamlessly,” the statement adds.