This year Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s addresses to the nation on Independence Day on Wednesday would have suggestions and incorporations received from the general public.
Prime Minister asked Indian public for the suggestion for his Independence Day speech. He posted on the official website, mygov.in, and quoted “Let your ideas flow… To the ramparts of the Red Fort!”
Soon the site received as many as 30,000 ideas. People from all over the country contributed to this initiative and suggested what that can. Beside the official website, the people are also using the NaMo App and email to send in their ideas and suggestions. Currently, more than 2,000 mails and the suggestion has been sent in through the app and emails from the rural areas.
Modi will select up to 50 best ideas and suggestions for his Independence Day address.
As per the media report, most of the suggestion received talks about the need of jobs. We have listed down few ideas below which were received on mygov.in.
- Mohankrishna Bhat suggested about reservation on economic status.
- Manish Bhardwaj said those who can afford it should adopt martyrs’ families.
- Jayesh Gupta says “Sir, this has been seen that due to the reservation on the basis of cast some deserving student not able to get the seat in IIT and nit so please look in this matter (sic),”
- Other suggestions received talks about championing the retirement age for government jobs to 55 so that youths get an opportunity to bringing in a law like keeping the check on loud music in residential areas.
- Santosh suggested “I think you should talk about Education & Medical system in India as I see that there is a dire need of good schools, colleges & medical institutes which are government funded. You should also talk about how the government would be vigilant that the money (is) used in such institutions for providing good facilities to children and patients. I have myself felt the brunt of the judiciary in India, and you should talk about the improvement of same,”
As per the other official report, Modi is expected to talk about the launch date of Ayushman Bharat which will provbide health insurance of Rs 5 lakh to each family.
He would also be highlighting the achievements of his government in the past four-odd years.