Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana aka PMAY is the housing scheme for all those people who belong to lower income group, middle-income group or economically weaker section of India.
All the information about how to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility and many more things will be covered in this article.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
PMAY or housing for all is the scheme launched by the government of India to provide a house for all those who fall in the economically weaker sections of the society, Middle Income Group in India or lower income group of India.
the Scheme was launched in 2015. This housing development project from the central government promises to deliver around 2 crore permanent houses in rural as well as the urban area by the year 2022 in 2 Phases.
Out of the two phases of the project, Phase 1 is already finished in March 2017, and Phase 2 has started. The scheme is divided into two parts – PMAY Urban and PMAY Gramin.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
The PMAY Urban scheme provides constructed houses within the urban areas. The congested slums will be removed, to deliver permanent houses to the inhabitants of slum and other LIG, EWS and MIG people.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
The PMAY Gramin provides a permanent housing to people from rural areas who are living in rented houses or thier own house which needs reconstruction.
Aim of PMAY
The Pradhan Mantra Awas Yojana was launched on June 2015. The main aim of the scheme is to build 2 crore houses across the nation and provide these affordable houses to the poor Indian people belonging to LIG, MIG, and EWS. The scheme is to be completed by 2022. This means the houses need to be constructed over a period of 7 years.
The Housing for all scheme and Indira Awas Yojana have been revised by this new scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Eligibility Criteria for getting Loans
The applicant or any member of his family must not own a permanent house.
- For EWS group- those applicants who earn not more than 3 lakhs yearly basis can apply and will be categorized as Economically Weaker Section.
- For LIG group- applicants who have the income of 3 lakh to 6 lakh a year are considered as Lower Income Group can apply for this.
- For MIG 1 group – applicant having a yearly income of less than 12 lakh, will be categorized as Medium Income Group 1, can apply for this.
- For MIG 2 group – Applicant having an annual salary of 18 lakh or less can apply.
- Carpet area of the homes- applicants will get the carpet area depending on the category of the applicant.
Other interested candidates can also apply for this, after meeting the additional requirements and get the credit from economic institutes and the applicants will get the credit for Awas yojana.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Procedure to apply- You can apply online as well as offline for the subsidy of PMAY for both Gramin and Urban (as the below mentioned details are same).
- Offline- A survey is conducted to find and organize the list of people living under LIG and EWS category. Then the verification process will start and then registration will begin accordingly.
- Online- An applicant can register free of cost on the official site, www.pmaymis.gov.in. find the registration or sign up form, complete it with all the required details and details regarding the loan also and then submit it.
- CSC – there are Common service centers established at many places across the nation. Applicants have to submit all the documents with a minimum registration fee of Rs. 25 plus service charges.
For the offline applicants of the PMAY Gramin, the Gramin Sabha will be in charge for demand survey conducted to identify the category and then the list is submitted for the registration process.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana last date is 31 March, 2019.
You can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana by going through the eligibility of the applicants, and other details. You must read the terms and conditions carefully, and understand the scheme properly. you can apply before the last date online or offline.