As the counselings for various courses are taking place all over the country, the center has informed the Lok Sabha on Monday that there are 277 fake engineering colleges around the country. In this list of fake colleges presented by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), Delhi ranks number 1 with 66 fake engineering colleges, 2nd spot is followed by Telangana with 35 fake engineering colleges. West Bengal has 23 fake engineering colleges.
Karnataka has 23 and Uttar Pradesh has 22 fake engineering colleges. These colleges are damaging the education system of the country and playing with the future of students.
Fake Engineering Colleges Across the Country– Ordered to shut down
The statistics about the fake engineering was given in Lok Sabha by Minister of State Human Resource Development Satya Pal Singh in the reply to questions posed by three MPs – P Nagarajan of the Anna India Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), Laxman Giluwa and Rama Devi of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Adding more to his information Singh said that center has ordered states to shut down these colleges and cease all the academic operations carried in the colleges.
“The Institutions conducting unapproved courses are directed from time to time through Public Notices and individual letters under intimation to the concerned state government to seek AICTE approval for conducting of technical education programmes or to close them down,” he said.
Not Approved by the AICTE
Addressing the problem the council chairman Anil Sahasrabudhe “They are the ones who have not taken approval. They are not approved by the AICTE or affiliated to the respective universities. If they are not approved by the AICTE, then they are not approved by the university also. They will not be able to give degrees. These colleges may give some certificate or diploma which is not recognized for purposes of higher education or government jobs.”
“Someone is giving training, which may be useful for some person; but the course will not have any recognition unless the council has approved it. The details of the colleges are available on the AICTE’s website.” He added.
Unapproved institutions and Varsities listed on official websites
The AICTE has listed 11 unapproved institutions on its official website. These institutions are offering courses in business management, hotel management, and human resource development
The University Grants Commission (UGC) also listed 24 fake universities on its website and updates it regularly. These universities are:
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
- Commercial University Ltd, Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nations University, Delhi.
- Vocational University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J. Gopala Tower. 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008.
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave. Opp. G’I’K Depot, Delhi-110033.
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I. Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini. Delhi-110085
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- John’s University, Kishanattam. Kerala.
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine. Kolkatta.
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, 8-A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech inn, 2nd Floor. ‘I’hakurpurkur, Kolkatta – 700063
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith. Prayag, Allahabad. Uttar Pradesh.
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy. Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University). Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda, Makanpur,Noida Phase-II. Uttar Pradesh.
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad. Anupooma Plot No. 242, Pani Tanki Road, Shaktinagar. Rourkela-769014
- North Orissa University of Agriculture 8. Technology, Odisha
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, ‘I’hilaspet. Vazhuthavoor Road, Puducherry-605009
The case of Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow, UP is subjudice before the District Judge – Lucknow.
New Course in Engineering and Technology Needs AICTE Approval
The minister has said that all the new in institutions and the new courser started by any institution needs the approval of AICTE under the Act of Parliament (Act 52 of 1987).
The AICTE has also informed technical institutions to get the approval before starting any a new course in Engineering and technology.
All the Institutions running unapproved courses are notified from time to time through Public Notices and individual letters under intimation to the concerned state government to seek AICTE approval for running technical education programmes or to shut them down.
Fake Colleges- Stay aware and informed
These fake colleges are the big loophole in the Higher education level of India. Shutting them down and being aware of them is important for all engineering aspirants and other young students who are planning to take admission in an undergraduate course.
Always be well informed about any institution or college or university you are taking admission in. check the link of UGC and AICTE for constant update.
Stay Connected to use for more updates.